I was born near Detroit, Michigan, where both my mom and dad grew up. While I didn’t grow up there, I take pride in the fact that I was Michigan born. We currently live in St. Louis and we don’t get snow here like they do in Michigan, but we sure do know about snow ice cream here in St. Louis!
Our weather teams were telling us on Thursday that a big snow was going to hit St. Louis around noon on Friday. A lot of us kind of rolled our eyes and said, “Okay, right. I’ll believe it when I see it.” BUT, from 1pm on Friday to 8pm we already had over 8 inches of snow, highways were shut down, people were stranded, and MODOT couldn’t keep up with the massive amount of snow that had fallen in such a short time. When I woke up this morning, my first thought was, “YASSS, we can make snow ice cream!!
As the day goes on, it keeps coming down, so we may experiment with other flavor combos later today!
Easy 4-Ingredient Snow Ice Cream
When life hands you snow…make snow ice cream! I saw a lot of recipes on Pinterest that called for sweetened condensed milk. The two cans I had expired 4 months ago (whoops).
Since we didn’t have sweetened condensed milk, here’s the easy 4 ingredient snow ice cream recipe we went with:
- 6 cups of nice, fresh, snow
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional toppings: sprinkles, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, nuts, etc.
I do not have a good reputation for following directions on recipes, but I’m here to tell you that it will help if you follow these directions. ha!
- Step 1: Go outside with a big ol’ bowl and scoop up some fresh snow.
- Step 2: Put about 2-3 cups of that snow in a separate bowl.
- Step 3: Add in 1 cup of milk (or half and half if you want to go big), 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir.
- Step 4: Once you’ve stirred up your snow ice cream, add in 2-2 more cups of snow until it thickens up a bit.
Viola! Just like that, with 4 ingredients, you have delicious, homemade snow ice cream!
Be sure to share this recipe with your fellow snowed-in friends!
Thanks for checking out my snow ice cream recipe. I’d love to hang out with you! Come join me in my Facebook community!