Hey! Thanks for being here. Just a heads up, this post contains links to my bookstore. If you make a purchase from my shop, I will earn a commission. Thanks for reading!
Is it even possible to live a childhood without stickers? You go to the pediatrician and leave with a sticker. When you start potty training, your mom has a sticker chart hanging up over your mini potty. In school, your teacher slaps a “GRAPE JOB!” sticker (#puns) on your homework assignment. Stickers are part of childhood. When it’s pizza night supporting my daughter’s school, they send her home with a sticker on her shirt (which is brilliant by the way). Kids love stickers, so it’s not surprise that Usborne Books & More’s sticker books are some of our most popular titles.
Since there’s a day for everything now, today, January 13, is National Sticker Day. In honor of this silly day, I wanted to show you some of our top sticker books that I know your kids will love! I love to include a sticker book in a birthday gift, take it on a long trip to bribe my kids not to kill each other, add one to an Easter basket, or use as a stocking stuffer. These would also be a great tool to use with a potty training child.
4 Ways Sticker Books Help Kids Learn
- Sticker books promote creativity, thinking, and reasoning through matching and association.
- Peeling and placing stickers develops fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- They tap into a child’s “area of interest,” which promotes independence and confidence.
- Since sticker books are fun for kids, they don’t even realize they’re learning.
Not only are they fun, we’ve now learned that they’re also educational. Usborne Books & More offers three different types of sticker books. Let’s take a look at each type so we can figure out which one would be best for your reader.
3 Types of Sticker Books from Usborne Books & More
In terms of stickiness-level, there are three different types of sticker books…
- One-and-done: You stick it once and it’s stuck.
- Reusable: You can re-stick them, but you’ll need to do so carefully.
- Stick and Re-Stick Over and Over: Plastic, adhesive-backed stickers: Use over and over!
One-and-Done Sticker Books
The one-and-done sticker books are exactly what they sound like. It’s a regular book that comes with sticker pages in the back. You’ll add the stickers, and then you can read the book with the stickers however you placed them on the pages.
Shown Above: Unicorns Sticker Book with sparkly stickers
Some of my favorite sticker books in the one-and-done sticker book category are:
- Build Your Own Superheros
- Build Your Own Monsters
- Little Sticker Dolly Dressing Ponies
- Mermaids Sticker Book with Sparkly Stickers
- Unicorns Sticker Book with Sparkly Stickers
Reusable Sticker Books
We also have some reusable sticker books that will allow you to move the stickers once you’ve placed them. My daughter tells me that you do need to be careful when you remove them though so you don’t tear the stickers. These will also eventually not be able to be moved anymore.
Shown Above: Winter Sports Sticker Book
Some of my favorite sticker books in this category are:
To find out which sticker books are reusable, just type in “reusable” in the search bar on my site.
Stick and Re-Stick Over and Over
Our number one-best-selling book, All Better!, features plastic, adhesive-backed stickers that can be placed on the pages hundreds of times. Tip: If your stickers lose their stickiness, simply run them under cold water and place them sticky-side-up to air dry. I’ve tried this and it works!
Shown Above: All Better!
These are just a few of the sticker books from Usborne Books & More! Check out all of our sticker books and tell me which one is your child’s favorite!
Are You a Bookworm Like Me?
Before you go, check out some of my other posts featuring more amazing titles from Usborne Books & More:
- What Are Germs? Book with activity pairing
- Kids Books for Back to School
- Books for Kids with Dyslexia
- Help Young Children Overcome Feelings of Anxiety